This release is a bugfix release. This is the second Flexviews release candidate. If no major bugs are discovered the next release will be the GA release.
Flexviews is a stored procedure managed materialized view system for MySQL 5.1 or greater.
What is fixed in Flexviews 1.6.0-RC2?
- Numerous performance fixes.
- Flexviews uses fewer temporary tables and subqueries
- A full table scan of the view is no longer required (only changed GB keys are scanned)
- Dead code has been removed
- Bug fixes
- Removing tables and adding them to a view again could result in the WHERE clause being generated in the wrong order
- Fix a problem with applying deltas to views which use PERCENTILE
- Improved error messages
- FlexCDC Bug fixes
- Bulk insert mode did not work when a transaction changed rows in more than one table
Please note that I am not currently making separate FlexCDC releases. If you are only interested in FlexCDC, you will find it in the consumer/ subdirectory of the Flexviews tarball. I will package FlexCDC up as a standalone release along with the GA release of Flexviews.