- This is the first release candidate before the final release. If no major bugs are uncovered, then the next release will be the first GA release.
- Flexviews now has a test suite for all major features. The creation of these tests uncovered a number of issues which have been resolved in this release.
- All MySQL aggregate functions except GROUP_CONCAT are now supported.
- A special aggregate function called PERCENTILE is now also supported. The calculation uses a modified version of the GROUP_CONCAT based solution suggested by Roland Bouman for percentiles. This function should be considered experimental. Please report bugs if you find any.
- You can add indexes to enabled materialized views using SQL_API/add_expr
- Adding PRIMARY KEY indexes is no longer supported. All views get an auto_incrementing primary key. You can add additional UNIQUE indexes instead.
- There is an upgrade process from 1.5.3b (see UPGRADE and upgrade.sql)
- Views with aggregate functions but no GROUP BY columns now work properly for all supported aggregate function types
- NULL values in GROUP BY columns are now properly supported
- NULL values now work properly with distributive aggregate functions
- There is a wrapper script around run_consumer.php which can restart the consumer if it stops running
As always, get it at: